Maggie Leu

Margaret Eveyln Leu, born September 18th, 2005.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Love For Modern Medicine


Ever since Maggie was about 5 months she has been struggling with reoccuring ear infections. 6 rounds of antibiotics later we finally made the decision to have tubes put in her ears. A bit nerve racking, for sure, but THE BEST DECISION. It's been about 3 weeks now & I swear we have a new child. She hasn't had a fever or runny nose since the surgery, which is actually the longest stretch for her in a very very long time. She is sleeping through the night, 12 whole straight hours! And I am convinced she can hear better. Her speech is exploding, she is pointing to objects & remembering them later. In part it's her age, but I cannot help but think it's because she can finally hear.

My favorite, if you ask her where her monkey is she goes to him. And then if you ask her to kiss her monkey, she will... and sometimes throw in a hug or two. Now, I don't think it could possibly get any sweeter than that?!!

...but stay tuned cuz it just always seems to.

oh and the picture, just a classic that needed to be shared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home