Maggie Leu

Margaret Eveyln Leu, born September 18th, 2005.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Two Words Together


We have been waiting & working on Maggie to string two words together...and it's such an amazing moment when it happens. Especially because it wasn't solicited, it just happened. And man-o-man, I couldn't be more proud!

'Please Mommy' - Maggie & I were cruising through the grocery store, and a typical trip includes breaking into all the treats to get her to (1) sit in the cart, and (2) give her a little distraction so I can think my way through the visit. We were rounding the corner through the last ailes, when she turned to me & said 'please mommy.' She wanted another stick of string cheese. And I melted with the words, with the sincere look on her face, and the overwhelming feeling of accomplishment. You bet she got another stick of string cheese!!!!

'Daddie Help' - The following morning she turned to Joel & said 'Daddie Help.' And it was then that Mz. Maggie set her goals on starting sentences...it's just been exploding since.