Maggie Leu

Margaret Eveyln Leu, born September 18th, 2005.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Naughties...


It isn't always lollipops & ponies with Ms. Maggie, and while I like to blog about all the positive...I must admit, there are a few things I think dear Maggie should be reminded of when she is a bit older. And may I smile later in the memory of her intelligence of how she pushed the envelope.

Timeouts.
When Maggie is given a timeout, she will look at you & just start to pee while holding a big, fat grin. We quickly learned that giving her a timeout meant she would purposely have an accident so we moved the timeout to the bathroom. But then she started to splash & jump in it like a big puddle. And soon you would hear her playing in the sink & having a blast. We stopped doing timeouts.

Going To Bed.
Maggie has always fought going to bed. I think she just simply would rather be in the action than asleep. So when bedtime rolls around Maggie starts in on her manipulation - and damn she is good. She gets me every nite. 'I have to pee, I'm hungry, I wanna read another story, I need a hug, I wanna snuggle with you Mommy, I miss you so much, I have to poop...' The tough thing is that it always ends in tears and frustration with all of us. BIG sigh.

I am more the 'lets talk about it' where Joel is the strict enforcer. Lets just say she is going to bed these days a little more on time & without much of a push back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home