Maggie Leu

Margaret Eveyln Leu, born September 18th, 2005.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Have a Nice Good Day!

I picked Maggie up from school yesterday & she was so sad. She said someone called her a 'monster.' She just looked so hurt by it. What I gather is that they were playing around & chasing, and it was her turn to be the monster. BUT, what went through my head was a gazillion thoughts. How do I protect my daughter from mean comments people will say to her in her life? How do I teach her to be confident, independent, strong? How can I hold her tight & never let her go in fear someone might hurt her inner self??? How? How? How????

Granted, it's preschool we are talking about. BUT, it's the beginning of the end of innocence. It just gets so complex from here on out. All I want to do is hand her the tools and resources to ease the difficulty of some of it. And I certainly plan to, and I suppose I have been all along. Yet, it just seems more real now cuz she isn't a baby anymore.

I didn't think I could love her more today than yesterday. But I do. And I know I will love her even more tomorrow. Now that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Maggie loves to say 'Have a nice good day!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home