Maggie Leu

Margaret Eveyln Leu, born September 18th, 2005.

Thursday, October 07, 2010

I heart BIRDIE!

I had one of those overwhelming moments this morning with Maggie, one that hits you straight on with such clarity. I am so incredibly lucky to have Margaret Evelyn Leu in my life. She is the light of my life. She is my every day. She is the happy in my life - the person who never ceases to warm my heart over and over and over again.

Where is this coming from? Well, I got home from a 3 day buying trip in NYC to find Maggie curled up on the floor watching TV. Once she snapped out of her TV zombie mode, she quickly ran off to get me a present. (Now, wait. Aren't I the one to be bringing a present home?) She came bounding back with such pure excitement to gift me a beaded bracelet she made for ME at her friend Carly's birthday party. And then shows me the cape she made Charlie. And that's when it hit me. Here is the most amazing and beautiful little girl, who goes to her friend's art crafting birthday party and spends her time and energy making gifts for the people she loves. Not one thing for her...that's my Maggie, with a pure and simple heart driven with the desire to love & give to others with the unconscious intention to surround herself and others with happiness. It feels like a life lesson inherently woven into her soul, to give to others without the desire for anything in return. It's something to nourish, that's for sure. It will serve her well - it already does.

...I think it might be one of her super powers!

I HEART BIRDIE!!!! I love her like mad, to the moon & back, and to a gazillion little pieces. She lights up my world and teaches ME life lessons. I am a better person because of her in my life. Swear. She is just an angel that I am thankful for EVERY day of my life.

I. Love. You. Birdie!



Ok, so why Birdie? Well, I have for years called my Maggie 'chicken.' And not long ago she looked at me & said, 'Mommy, I don't want you to call me chicken anymore.' Ok - what shall we call you. 'Birdie.' So Birdie it is. Happily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home